Timeline and Rules are now updated for the 2012 Round!
October 9 (Sunday) - Sign ups begin October 23 (Sunday) - Sign ups end October 30 (Sunday) - Assignments sent January 8th (Sunday)- Assignments due February 1st (Wednesday) - First Day of Posting March 1st (or within 5 days after last submission is posted): Reveals
This schedule gives participants just over two months to create something, and we've tried not to overlap too much with the winter holiday fests, as we know there are a good many of them, and they're often widely participated in!
First of all, let us say that we've done our best not to bog you down with a ton of rules, but still give you some guidelines to know what's expected of you before you agree to sign up. If there is anything that is not clear, please come and ask us. Chances are, if you are questioning it, someone else probably is too.
1. Participants and lurkers must be of legal age. If you are participating, you must state that you are in fact 18, and thus old enough that your parents won't come looking for the nice mods if they find out you were playing.
2. This is a fic/art (fic and art only) exchange. All participants must fulfill their end of the bargain by completing their assignment. If you are unable to write/draw something in return, don't sign up. You may instead lurk and enjoy the gifts when they are posted in February. If you do not submit a gift, you will not receive one, nor will you be eligible for the next round of this fest. Please note that we are busy ladies; we have cats, children and spouses to chase around… we will not be chasing you if you do not turn in your assignment. We'll send one email after the deadline passes, give you a chance to respond, and then we will find a pinch hitter. Communication is key; you keep in contact with us and all will be fine.
3. All completed fic/art must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 8th, 2012. Fic submissions must be beta read. The mods will begin posting the gifts on February 1st using hpvs_mod. We will not be checking your fics this time, other than a cursory review to make sure they meet standards and rating (we will send them back if they don't). You are responsible for yourself; we do not have time to serve as betas for you. If you need help finding a beta, please let us know, and we can point you in a good direction. Relatedly, if you think, for any reason, that you will be late with your assignment, please contact the mods AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and we will see if something can be worked out with a brief deadline extension.
4. All fic/art must be of an R or NC-17 rating. This is a smut exchange for slash and femslash pairings. Anything that we do not believe rises to at least an R rating will be returned, and we will ask you to fix it to bring it up to a more inappropriate level. Minimum length for fic is 1000 words (no maximum). Art should reflect a similar level of effort.
5. All fic and artwork submissions must remain exclusive to this community until the authors/artists are revealed. This will happen on March 1st, 2012 or 5 days after the last gift is posted, whichever comes last. Also, it's a secret exchange, so sssshhhhh!
6. If you have any questions about your assignment you may email them to email@example.com. We're also pretty much always around at our normal email addresses and you shouldn't hesitate to shoot us an email or ping us on gchat if you see us lurking about. khasael can be found at firstname.lastname@example.org and luvscharlie is over at email@example.com
We are delighted to be running this together, and as the date approaches we become even more excited and committed to bringing you an amazing fest.
When you email your fic in, please include the html, and please include the following information (please email your fic as a .doc or .docx attachment):
Headers for art should look like this (the art file itself should be in .png or .jpg format):
So much love for original mods tehlils and lizardspots, as well as for interim mods violet_quill and wook77, who picked up the comm and ran with it, and for corvidae9, who put her love into it and has been wonderful in passing on the torch to the two of us.
...What?! You missed the previous years' wealth of valensmutty goodness?! Oh man. Catch up: